- Recognize what stresses you out and try to focus on those areas when relieving stress.
- By focusing on the stressors, you can remove their affects. For an example, if cooking everyday is what stresses you out, order takes out a couple of times a week.
- Sleeping enough is the number one key in being stress free. Lack of sleep increases anxiety hormones such as cortisol in the brain and causes a stressful environment.
- Exercising and eating right are also very important in living a stress free life. Working out a couple of times a week releases hormones such as endorphins which counteract cortisol in your brain making you feel good and ready to work.
- Smile more! Studies show that smiling releases serotonin in the brain making you feel better and be happier throughout the day.
- If you are extremely overwhelmed and feel like you’re going to explode it is ok to cry. Crying actually releases tension psychologically and after a few minutes you will feel better.
- If you are overwhelmed with staying at home, finding outdoor hobbies is a great way to relieve stress. Joining a gardening club or going for a hike on weekends are great ways to relieve the stressors of being home.
- Organizing your home or office will keep you on top of things and will lead to less stress during your work.
- Taking a bath with aromatic salts or candles is a great way to relax and be by yourself for a little.
10. Lastly, learn to let go for a little. As a WAHM there is always something to do, but it is ok to let go for just a little bit everyday.